As you (hopefully) know, our annual Harvest Party is scheduled to take place on Saturday, October 24th at Smithfield Farm. The party starts at 4pm, and dinner is served at 5:30. Here's what you need to know...
WHAT'S THE BEST ROUTE?
The address for Smithfield Farm is: 1464 Newtown Road St. Stephens Church, VA 23148
Because the farm is a ways out (that's a technical term), your GPS might not offer you the best route to get there. Try these directions...
1. Take 95/64 to Rte 360 to Mechanicsville (Mechanicsville Turnpike)
2. Go for about 40 minutes on Rte 360. You’ll pass Mechanicsville, Manquin, Central Garage, Aylett.
3. Turn left at the stoplight at St. Stephens Church onto route 721 (Newtown Road)
4. Go 1 mile. The driveway is on the right at the school sign. The house number is 1464. If you pass a school on your left, you went too far.
The trip takes about 45 minutes from the City.
WHAT DO I BRING?
1. Your friends.
2. A side or dessert (more on that below).
3. Chairs and blankets.
4. Your dancing shoes. (more on that below, too).
WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN I GET THERE?
1. Fun for the kids: From 4pm until dinner, we'll have facepainting and a few activities for the kids. Feel free to bring soccer balls, footballs, frisbees, etc.--there's plenty of room for the kids to spread out and run themselves ragged.
2. Great food and drinks: The church will provide a variety of smoked meats and Brunswick stew, as well as drinks. Please make sure to bring a side or dessert to add to the spread.
3. A dessert contest: All you bakers out there, make sure to enter our dessert contest! Our panel of judges will sample the entries and determine who will take home The Golden Rolling Pin this year. Contact Tracye Woodfin (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions about that.
4. Entertainment: Following dinner (during which we'll get to hear some lovely bluegrass music), we'll get a visit from a special guest and THEN do a ittle square dancing.
If you have any questions feel free to get in touch. We'll see you Saturday!