Good afternoon, City Church! Here are your announcements for the week... 1. Vespers, 4/26 Our Vespers service will take place this Sunday, April 26th right after our regular service. It will take place from 5:30 until about 7:00, and we will be focusing on missions. Please bring a dish to share. 2. Mercy Fund, 4/26 As this weekend marks the last Sunday of the month, we will be taking contributions to our mercy fund. This fund is kept separate from our general budget and will be used to provide financial assistance to members of our congregation and community who are in need. Please be prayerful about contributing to these fund.
3. Men's Weekend, 4/24-4/26 It's not too late to sign up to take part in the Men's Weekend (April 24-26). We'll be crashing Richard and Eniko Rumrill's place out in King and Queen County. It's not limited to City Church, so feel bring others out who would be interested. The cost will be $25 and will cover food for Saturday and Sunday breakfast (BYOB). Click the link below to sign up if you can join us. Hope to see you there!
4. Bridal Shower for Allison Cuddy, 5/2 Ladies, please join us for the wedding shower of Allison Cuddy on May 2nd at 11:00am, hosted by Jenny Fisher and Kasey Hayes. Please RSVP to Jenny Fisher (jlfisher [at] henrico.k12.va.us) by April 25th. Location: Hayes's Home - 209 S. Boulevard, Apartment #2
5. College Study Break, 5/2 Put the books aside and join us to play Frisbee at Petronus Jones Park (Allen and Idlewood) on Saturday, May 2 at 4pm. Barbecue to follow at the Bonkovskys at 5:30pm. Bring your friends!
6. Hymn Sing, 5/16 Save the Date: On Saturday, May 16th, City Church will host musician/worship leader Alex Mejias for a Hymn Sing at the Harvest Renewal Building. Please mark your calendars and plan on attending a great night of worship.
7. RISC Nehemiah Action: Success! We'd like to thank all of you who came out to the RISC Nehemiah Action on Monday night! City Church had pledged 30 attendees and we brought out 35! In fact, we were the only church to surpass our pledge. For those of you unable to attend, we can be encouraged by the progress we are making as part of RISC, including in-person commitments on jail reforms by Mayor Jones and health care assistance to the under-privileged by staff of MCV/VCU.
And a final, very special announcement...
8. Baby Bonkovsky is here! Lorayn Grace Bonkovsky (Raynie) made her appearance on April 15 just before 2pm, weighing in at 8 pounds, 12 ounces and measuring 20.5 inches long. What a blessing! Congratulations to Sarah, Erik, Reed, and Leland.
Have a wonderful rest of the week!
Val Valerie Catrow City Church of Richmond Administrator val [at] citychurchrva.com