FSC, Here are your announcements for this week...
1. January 25 - Vespers Beginning this month, we will be gathering on the last Sunday of the month for FSC Vespers - an evening for friendship, prayer, and worship. After church on Sunday January 25th, please plan on staying for a potluck dinner and a time of prayer together. We'll divide up the meal as follows: Last names A-F -- Main dish Last names G-N -- Side dish Last names O-T -- Dessert Last names U-Z -- Drinks
2. Mercy Fund As this coming Sunday (the 25th) is the last Sunday of the month, we will be collecting for our mercy fund. The mercy fund is kept separate from our general budget and is used to provide financial support to members of our congregation and community when in need. Please be prayerful about contributing to this fund.
3. Central Virginia Food Bank Collection For the next two weeks, we will be taking collections for the Central Virginia Food Bank. Please bring canned and/or dry goods to church with you! Some possible items include pasta, peanut butter, and canned meats.
4. Meals for the Worthingtons Anne and Phillip Worthington are expecting a baby on January 28th! Jennifer Walker will be coordinating meals to be delivered to their home once the baby comes. If you are interested in helping, please contact Jennifer at 804-516-8278 or jennifer.p.walker [at] gmail.com. This is a wonderful opportunity to be of support to them as they adjust to having the baby at home, so please consider helping out.
5. Women's Getaway There is a women's getaway scheduled for the first weekend in March. Stay tuned for updates and more information!
Have a wonderful week!
Valerie Catrow Administrator Franklin Street Community