As Erik has shared many times before, we want City Church to be a place that throws good parties. This vision isn't based on a desire to be hip or cool, but rather a desire to be a community where fellowship–sharing a meal, listening to music, holding each other's babies, simply enjoying one another's presence–is a deep-seated part of who we are. By doing so, we hope to offer a tangible picture of the joy, love, and connectedness that comes with being part of a body of believers.
One of the most anticipated events (of not the most anticipated event) in the life of City Church is our annual Harvest Party. This year's Harvest Party will be on Saturday, October 29th beginning at 4pm. Dinner will be served at 5:30, and we'll wrap things up at around 8.
Here's all you need to know...
Where to go
For the last several years, the Rumrill family has graciously hosted us at their farm, Smithfield, out in St. Stephens Church. This year, however, we're giving Smithfield and break and meeting at Hard Times Farm in Goochland, about 45 minutes outside of the city (1015 Hard Times Lane, Goochland, VA 23063).
What to bring
1. Your friends. The Harvest Party is a wonderful, low-key way to introduce people to the City Church community.
2. A side or dessert (more on that below).
3. Chairs and/or blankets.
4. Your dancing shoes (more on that below, too).
What's going to happen when I get there?
1. Fun for the kids: From 4pm until dinner, we'll have a bounce house, faceprinting, and a few activities for the kids. Feel free to bring soccer balls, footballs, frisbees, etc.–there's plenty of room for the kids to spread out and run themselves ragged.
2. Great food and drinks: The church will provide a variety of smoked meats and Brunswick stew, as well as drinks. Please make sure to bring a side or dessert to add to the spread.
3. A dessert contest: All you bakers out there, make sure to enter our dessert contest! Our panel of judges will sample the entries and determine who will take home The Golden Rolling Pin this year. If you're interested in joining our panel of judges, please contact Jim Pulizzi at email@example.com!
4. Entertainment: After dinner we're going to do some square dancing, called by our own Adam Bailey!
Remember: ALL are welcome, so please invite your friends, family, and neighbors. We look forward to spending time with all of you!