Our next Christian Formation class is a 3-week look at how to practically manage our money. Taught by church members with experience in finance, this class will cover skills in planning, debt reduction, and achieving long term goals. April 3rd, 10th, and 17th in Room 303 AFTER church from 5:45-6:45. Dinner provided. RSVP to email@example.com. Please contact Joshua (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions. Here's what we've got planned...
I. Financial Planning (April 3rd)
- Do you find yourself spending more than you make?
- Does financial uncertainty cause you lots of stress?
- Would you like to get a better handle on where your money goes?
This lesson focuses on the skill of financial planning which is the predetermined use of financial resources in order to accomplish certain goals and objectives.
We will look at tools which will aid in keeping track of your money and making goals. We'll also explore how to pay-off your debt
II. Investment Planning (April 10th)
- How do we wisely prioritize where are money goes once we start saving?
- Where should we start?
This lesson explains the steps toward investments which includes reducing debt, short term and long term investment goals, and the role of faithful stewardship.
III. Plans for Generosity (April 17th) The Christian life is distinct for its use in financial resources. There are over 2,000 verses in the Bible about money and many of them are about how God gives us much so we may love and serve others generously.
- How do we decide between the seemingly endless options?
- What is the Christian duty toward the poor?
This lesson will look at how the church collectively and individuals use our resources as acts of worship to God.