2017 Winter/Spring Christian Formation Classes
All Christian Formation classes meet in Room 303 from 5:45-6:30pm. A light dinner is provided for attendees. Please RSVP to Joshua Earman (firstname.lastname@example.org). Childcare is available upon request, but please contact Val Catrow (email@example.com) with childcare needs by noon on the Thursday before class is scheduled to take place (note: this is a change). Thank you!
Grace Based Parenting
- January 22nd
- How do we create a sound foundation for growing morally strong and spiritually motivated children? We parent them the way God raises us. Often parents drift into habits shaped by their own upbringing or by what others do. By continually looking to scripture, we see how we responsibly love our children with grace and truth.
- February 12th and 19th
- All are welcome--not just married couples. What are your goals for your marriage? What are God’s goals for your marriage? We will see how aligned expectations and a foundation of grace create the soil for a marriage to thrive.
- Childcare requests needed by February 10th and February 17th
Is God Anti-Gay?
- February 26th
- What does the Bible say about homosexuality? This simple question has become harder to answer when churches are on opposite sides of the issue and both claim the Bible supports their views. After looking at key Bible passages and interacting with the various view points, we will discuss how we faithfully follow Jesus and love the LGBT community.
- Childcare requests needed by February 24th
The Heart of Evangelism
- March 12th, 19th, 26th, and April 9th
- This four-part class on intentionally loving our neighbors will help you to build bridges with your neighbors, understand what others believe, and begin conversations that allow you to share your hope in Christ.
- Childcare requests needed by March 10th, March 17th, and April 7th
Decision Making and God’s Will
- May 21st, and 28th
- Have you ever told someone you will "pray about" an upcoming decision? What does that mean? How do you know you are acting in "God’s will” when you decide to change jobs, go on a date, or make a major move? God has given us incredible resources for living wisely, and this course will explain how we can discover God’s will.
- Childcare requests needed by May 12th, May 19th, and May 26th