City Groups might be on break for the summer, but City Church has plenty of events on the calendar to keep you busy over the next few months. Take a look at a few things we've got lined up. Hope to see you there!
Women's Bible Studies
There are two groups of women meeting on Monday evenings to complete a study on the book of Colossians--one hosted by Meg Haden and one hosted by Kelly Blanchard. These just got started and will go on for 6 to 7 weeks, so if you're interested, come and join us. Contact Meg (email@example.com) with questions.
Friday Night Supper
Our next Friday Night Supper will be on Friday, June 22nd. As a reminder, these are a chance for us to gather outside of Sundays and enjoy a smaller, casual meal in people’s homes across the city. If you are interested in taking part, please contact Rebecca Hendrix at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacation Bible School...for Adults!
On Tuesday, June 26th City Church is partnering with Grace Covenant Presbyterian Church (1627 Monument Avenue) for a special session on ministry with International Students at VCU. The session begins with dinner at 6pm ($5 per person or $12 per family). From 6:45pm to 8pm, there will be classes and nursery care for children and a practical and informative session on how our churches can care for the international students in our backyard. Feel free to contact Andrew Case (email@example.com) if you plan to attend or if you have further questions.
Summer Supper Series
We typically do not have our monthly Vespers dinners in the summer; instead we organize monthly(ish) weeknight suppers in different neighborhoods around the city. Just like Vespers, these are pot luck, so make sure to bring a side. Summer Supper Series dates and locations are...
- Wednesday, June 27th from 5:30pm to 7:30pm at the picnic shelter near the Carillon in Byrd Park. Contact: Leah Eldridge (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Wednesday, July 18th from 5:30pm to 7:30pm in the Church Hill area (exact location TBD). Contact: Patrick Shay (email@example.com).
- Wednesday, August 8th from 5:30pm to 7:30pm at Humphrey Calder Park. Contact: Jennifer Murphy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Saturday, Augsut 25th (time TBD) at Fox Elementary School. Contact: Erik Bonkovsky (email@example.com).
City Church Forums: History
This summer, the City Church Forums will focus on history. We've got two forums lined up for you...
- On Wednesday, July 11th, Ben Campbell will lead a discussion on the history of Richmond.
- On Wednesday, August 1st, Russ Finer, executive director of Beth Ahabah, will lead a discussion on the history of Beth Ahabah, the synagogue that so graciously hosts our services each week.
Both forums will take place in the Beth Ahabah Chapel from 7:30pm to 9pm.
We're sure to add more events to the calendar as the summer progresses, so please check back in for updates!