1. Mid-month prayerAll are invited to take part in our mid-month prayer session for City Church and Richmond on Wednesday, April 15th. We will be meeting at Erik's office (1205 W. Main Street, Suite 211) from 6:30am to around 8:00am. Hope to see you there! 2. Down the Road Screening As part of a social justice event, Univ. of Richmond is screening a documentary called Down the Road on Friday, April 17th at 8pm in the Greek Theatre. Two of the film-makers will present the movie which chronicles a 3-month journey through Central America where beauty and tragedy collide. Alex Mejias will also play at the screening. For more info, check out www.downtheroadproject.com
3. Loaves & Fishes Our opportunity to serve at Loaves & Fishes is coming up on Sunday, April 18th. We will be meeting at 11am at the Conrad Center (1400 Oliver Hill Way) to prepare and serve a meal for those who need it. If you're interested in helping, please click the link below to sign up. Also, someone left a pot with a glass lid at Loaves & Fishes in December. If it's yours, please contact Kira to claim it. Sign up: http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=pL104xL2MAsNoXPSp3aB9aQ
4. RISC/Nehemiah Action RISC (Richmonders Involved to Strengthen Our Communities) will be holding their annual Nehemiah Action on April 20th at Good Shepherd Baptist Church (1200 N.28th St. in Church Hill) at 6:30pm. The Action will be the culmination of this year’s work towards improvements in the areas of education, crime, and health care in metro Richmond by a number of congregations of various faiths (including City Church). We have pledged to bring at least 30 people and would encourage everyone to come out for this event... it’s sure to be exciting! For more information, please contact Sean Patrick Rhorer (seanrhorer [at] gmail.com). To let us know you plan to attend, please fill out the form located at:
5. Men's Weekend On April 24th-26th, we'll be crashing Richard and Eniko Rumrill's place out in King and Queen County. It's not limited to City Church, so feel bring others out who would be interested. The cost will be $25 and will cover food for Saturday and Sunday breakfast (BYOB). Click the link below to sign up if you can join us. Hope to see you there!
6. Bridal Shower for Allison Cuddy Ladies, please join us for the wedding shower of Allison Cuddy on May 2nd at 11:00am, hosted by Jenny Fisher and Kasey Hayes. Please RSVP to Jenny Fisher (jlfisher [at] henrico.k12.va.us) by April 25th. Location: Hayes's Home - 209 S. Boulevard, Apartment #2
7. Hymn Sing Save the Date: On Saturday, May 16th, City Church will host musician/worship leader Alex Mejias for a Hymn Sing at the Harvest Renewal Building. Please mark your calendars and plan on attending a great night of worship.