2. Mid-Month Prayer. You are invited to join Erik in prayer tomorrow morning (Wed., Nov 19) from 6:30-8 AM at his office (1205 W. Main St., room 211). Please come for part or all.
3. And Who is My Neighbor? Jake Lyell will be giving a lecture on Thursday, November 20 at 7pm at West End Presbyterian Church. He will be talking about and showing photographs from his recent trips into the developing world, including Peru, Georgia, and Tanzania and discussing the challenges the conditions in these places present to our Christian faith. Please consider coming out to give Jake your support and to learn more about his experiences.
4. Information Meeting We will have a brief informational meeting immediately after the service on November 23. We will discuss the current state of FSC, talk about next year's budget, and address a couple other issues. Please plan to stay for 15-20 minutes after the service ends.
5. FSC Basics Weekend The first FSC Basics Weekend will be December 5-6, 2008. It will run Friday night 7-9:30 and Saturday morning, 9-12. Basics will describes FSC's history, beliefs, and ministry. It is a necessary step for those interested in membership and a great way to learn more about the church. If you are interested in participating, please contact Erik ASAP (erik [at] franklinstreet.net).
6. Good Samaritan Christmas Tree Lot FSC will be volunteering again this year at the Good Samaritan Christmas Tree Lot in the West End. All proceeds from the sale of Christmas trees benefit the efforts of Good Samaritan Ministry (http://www.goodsamaritanministry.com). Our shift will be on Saturday, December 6 from 4pm to 9pm. We had a lot of fun last year, so let us know if you'd like to join us! Use the link below to fill out the sign up form or contact Sean (seanrhorer [at] gmail.com) with questions.